My list of what i need to start as a pedlar

Pedlars, How cool to hold a certificate that proves by law you are a person of good character!
Worth getting one just for the hallibut! Oh no, that's a fishing certificate.
ajbox

My list of what i need to start as a pedlar

Post by ajbox » Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:53 pm

I can't believe how long this has taken, but I think this is what I need.

Cart (Actually a converted vintage pram with curly victorian writing to advertise my stuff www.ajbox.co.uk) with hidden moneybox
A Way to get cart into town (Buses take prams! Doesn't say there needs to be a child in it!)
Card reader , I think izettle is the best of the bunch and being contactless is frictionless to take tourist paymants
BodyCam to show where I was when (Cheap one from ebay that takes a 64GB card for £10 and a big extension battery to keep it running all day for another £20. Also useful to charge phone and card reader
Laminated copy of pedlar laws and copies to give away
Badges to sell to people who want to take photos but not buy goods,, two or three humorous ones
Discrete Yellow cable ties fixed to lamp posts in city centre which are 60 metres apart so i can move from one to other without anyone claiming Im loitering
Laminated map of trading route
Business cards to encourage later purchases
Facebook page
Big brass honky horn to surprise tourist and announce Im there in a comical way. (I can also do a good London accent, being form there mate..)
Three helpful places I can use their toilets
Stock of stamped padded envelopes to put excess cash into so I'm not carrying it round on me. I can wait a couple of days till it arrives!
Rape alarm with pull cord to discourage antisocial behaviour (Dont think ill get raped, just stupid comments)
BIG sunshade umbrella with advertising and bracket (Golf shoips sell these) so I dont boil or soak
Stock in coverable boxes
feather flag or similar over the pram
Brightly coloured hat... not sure which type yet.

I'm obviously aiming for the tourist market and the instagram lot.
Anything I'm forgetting?