Ice cream trike

Pedlars, How cool to hold a certificate that proves by law you are a person of good character!
Worth getting one just for the hallibut! Oh no, that's a fishing certificate.
Lovejoy

Ice cream trike

Post by Lovejoy » Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:37 pm

Hi all, I’m new to peddling and have done 2 days so far with my ice cream trike , both a disaster, yesterday being the worst when Chester council told me to leave (apparently pedlars are banned in Chester, I did ring and ask and was told it was on bit apparently that was a mistake and I shouldn’t have been told that!).

My bottle has gone with it a little bit after two bad days of slow sales and council grief .

Does anyone else on here sell ice cream? Does it go ok?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Ian Pedlar
Site Admin

Re: Ice cream trike

Post by Ian Pedlar » Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:12 pm

Hi Lovejoy and welcome to the forum.
I hope some of the other forum members will be able to offer some good advice.

You may want to check out the website called http://pedlars.info
as they have some pretty good legal people who battle against self-important local government officials who seem to think that they can make up laws and then force pedlars to obey them.
I believe they are open to you messaging them for help.
I found this on their website:
http://pedlars.info/pedlars-enquiries/1 ... l-act.html
Often local governments spend many thousands of pounds of local council tax payers money without telling them to try to get the law changed so that pedlars can't operate and only street traders who have to pay a fortune to the local government in license fees can. So far though many have not quite managed to do so as there is usually a little caveat in their extra law that says something like 'doesn't apply to pedlars operating under the pedlars certificate' or some such so ask at pedlars.info for a bit of help and I wish you all the best.

ian

Lovejoy

Post by Lovejoy » Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:38 pm

Thanks Ian, much appreciated

Ian Pedlar
Site Admin

Post by Ian Pedlar » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:35 pm

There are some good YouTubers who've done it.
Here's one: