Nottingham city has clarified its pedlar laws online

What is and what is not allowed? The folks in here will sort it out.
Case Law seems to be the evil wicked witch of the west at the moment.
ajbox

Nottingham city has clarified its pedlar laws online

Post by ajbox » Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:11 pm

Last year I was put off starting as a pedlar because I got no answers form police or council to clarify if I could peddle in the most popular streets and towns, despite asking multiple times and sending a letter to the police. This year I've discovered the police and the city councils websites have clear views that pedlars can trade without a street license (Which I knew) some detail about what size of wheeled cart you can use, but no real clarification about how long you can stay in one place. I suspect last years queries produced this years answers... Might be useful to others, I'm going to have a go thIs year!

Ian Pedlar
Site Admin

Re: Nottingham city has clarified its pedlar laws online

Post by Ian Pedlar » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:23 pm

Go for it ajbox and good luck!
I wish you all the best.

ian

ajbox

Post by ajbox » Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:31 pm

I am going to do a graphic guide to the law for pedlars for my own interest, to explain to any recalcitrant council workers and because its easier to take in the info. I'll send you a copy for general use on the site if you wish. Need about a month. Intending to hit the streets of Nottingham at Easter weekend.

Ian Pedlar
Site Admin

Post by Ian Pedlar » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:15 pm

ajbox wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:31 pm
I am going to do a graphic guide to the law for pedlars for my own interest, to explain to any recalcitrant council workers and because its easier to take in the info. I'll send you a copy for general use on the site if you wish. Need about a month. Intending to hit the streets of Nottingham at Easter weekend.
Yes please, thank you, I'll put it on the server so everyone can download it.

Good luck for Easter weekend!