Person of Standing

Pedlars, How cool to hold a certificate that proves by law you are a person of good character!
Worth getting one just for the hallibut! Oh no, that's a fishing certificate.
Tim_London

Person of Standing

Post by Tim_London » Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:52 pm

Hi everyone,

I hope you are all well!

I intend to apply for a pedlar licence in Battersea, London.

I was just checking the application form and wanted to confirm wether a “person of good standing” could be an accountant?

As on the official form is says “a person of good standing is one of the following (but not limited to)” etc

Although it does not say accountant, on the guidlines set by the Identity and Passport Service, an Accountant would be acceptable.

I just wanted to have everything correct before I submit my application, to prevent the police from refusing it under silly grounds.

I look forward to hearing from you guys! Many thanks!

Regards
Tim

Ian Pedlar
Site Admin

Re: Person of Standing

Post by Ian Pedlar » Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:58 pm

Hi Tim and welcome to the forum.

You pay your £12.25 at the police station and as long as you don't have any criminal convictions you'll get your pedlars certificate after several weeks.

Unfortunately there are many boroughs of London that have managed to change the law for pedlars.
Just do a search for London in the search box top-right and you'll see that you're only allowed to go from door to door and not trade in the streets :(
It is very unfair but not a lot the little man can do.

Regards

ian

Tim_London

Post by Tim_London » Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:26 am

Hi Ian,

Thank you for your swift response. I have another question;

I applied for a criminal record check for another job around 2 months ago. Do you think this certificate would suffice?

Or would it have to be one dated in the last month?

Ian Pedlar
Site Admin

Post by Ian Pedlar » Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:41 am

Hi again Tim.
There is no requirement for a DBS check as the police do their own check.
All you should need is picture ID (I used my drivers licence) and proof of residence for at least a month in the county where you apply. Some may ask for a couple of passport photos but that should not be a legal requirement (wasn't for me). Oh and the £12.25 fee.