Mobile Advertising in City Centre

Pedlars, How cool to hold a certificate that proves by law you are a person of good character!
Worth getting one just for the hallibut! Oh no, that's a fishing certificate.
CareBIG

Mobile Advertising in City Centre

Post by CareBIG » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:22 pm

Hello

I started my own business and I want to get my name out in the city centre only I don't just want to hand out flyers. Generally people approached by flyer handouts are on the defensive straight away and I'd rather a pop up stand with our logo where people see and can come over to us. Now this costs literally thousands per day in the city centre depending on where you stand. I noticed guys selling mobile phone cases from a large enough mobile trolley and this got me thinking! They pay £12.50 a year for a Pedlar licence I believe? I don't mind paying the £90 annual fee to the council to hand out leaflets and also I was thinking of a mobile advertising board next to me (instead of a cart selling phones). Technically I'm not selling anything. Is their a size limit on a pedlar mobile cart?

I was thinking the Adbike or similar.....

I can move around at will just ensuring everyone see's the board. That way if they need our services they can approach us for details....

Any opinions greatly received. Just thought instead of £1500 a day for a specific pitch spot this was the next best thing.

I'm guessing if I use any kind of mobile Billboard the council will look to revoke my ability to hand out leaflets and leave me operating
as a pedlar.

markd

Re: Mobile Advertising in City Centre

Post by markd » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:15 pm

I dont think a Pedlars certificate will cover you for this type of enterprise. Pedlars deal in small goods , you are not dealing.

I would take legal advice to make sure though.